Community Woodland Survey

Mason Land Surveys Ltd, in support of the local community,  have carried out at a topographical survey of the WW1 gun emplacements at Downing Point, Dalgety Bay for the Community Woodland.

These were part of the Forth Inner Defences and built in 1914. Two 4.7″ guns from the Kinghorn battery were mounted here in October 1914, these were then moved to the Inchcolm Island battery in 1917, and in turn two 12lb 18CWT guns from Inchcolm were installed here in July 1917.

There are very few such sites still in existence, as most were converted into WWII defences.

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.